I took this photograph on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood and I wanted to give a soft and surreal teal color to the sky. It's easy to do in Adobe Photoshop CC with a Color Lookup adjustment layer and a few other tweaks. Here's how I did it...
Before / After:
1- A tad more contrast:
- Duplicate the main layer: Cmd + J Ctrl + J
- Change the Blending Mode of the duplicate to Soft Light.
- Bring down the opacity of the duplicate to something that looks good.
2- Color lookup:
- Create a Color Lookup adjustment layer.
- Set the 3DLUT file to TealOrangePlusContrast.
- Bring down the opacity of the adjustment layer to something that looks good. 80% in this case.
3- Adjust the blue levels:
This adds a bit of blue in the darks.
- Create a Levels adjustment layer.
- Select Blue instead of RGB.
- Set the 1st output level to something that looks good. 10 in this case.
This creates a “washed-out” look.
- Create a Curves adjustment layer.
- Raise the lower left anchor point to something that looks good.
🌄 Image info:
- Camera: Nikon D800
- Focal length: 58mm
- Shutter speed: 1/800s
- Aperture: f/6.3
- ISO: 250
Hey! 👋 I'm Seb and I'm creating Purple11. It's is a passion project for me and I try to work on it as much as possible.
If you would like to help me out, you can let me know what you'd like to see next with this quick survey.
Plus, you can subscribe for email updates and you'll receive very occasional emails from me when I release something good:
Thanks so much for the support! ✌️+❤️